A brief description of Pillar Data Systems, Inc.:
Founded in 2001, Pillar Data Systems develops enterprise network storage systems. The company’s Pillar Axiom solution, driven by its innovative policy-based management capabilities, integrates SAN and NAS into a centrally managed storage platform. Pillar Axiom systems consolidate multiple tiers of enterprise network storage into a single, easily managed system capable of scaling to hundreds of terabytes of capacity. Pillar Data Systems is privately funded by Tako Ventures, LLC, the venture arm of Larry Ellison. The company is headquartered at 2840 Junction Avenue, San Jose, California 95134, with a development office in Longmont, Colorado. The company can be reached on the Web at http://www.pillardata.com, by phone at 408-503-4000 or by email at email@example.com.
- eWeek.com (June 8, 2005): Ellison-Backed Pillar Data Systems Set to Launch
- Infoworld.com (June 13, 2005): Bringing Ellison’s storage baby to market
- Infoworld.com (June 16, 2005): From Oracle, with love
- The Register (June 17, 2005): Larry Ellison branded storage absent at Oracle
- SiliconValleyWatcher.com (June 23, 2005): Pillar Data Systems: Larry Ellison’s $150m data storage company emerges from stealth mode
Today I signed on as their new Portal Project Manager.